Bring Bennet Home

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Heart Storage

I've always heard how Mary treasured the things surrounding Jesus' birth and infancy in her heart and until Tucker I couldn't truly appreciate what that meant. So to make sure I remember the little things that I love most I'm going to make a list. Here are just some of my favorites...
How Tucker holds my finger when I'm feeding him his bottle.
The way only I can soothe him sometimes. He's already a bit of a Momma's boy and I LOVE it! Maybe a little too much.
How his butt fits into one hand.
The feeling of his angel soft hair.
Any noise he ever makes. Cooing, grunting or sometimes even his cries are cute.
His weight against my chest. It is the most soothing feeling to feel us breath together.
How I feel to see others love my baby. Especially my grandparents and parents. It's crazy how a baby can melt hearts and conquer life long prejudices in just a few seconds.
His studious expressions as he investigates new people, places and situations. (Which seems like almost every time he wakes up. Poor guy always in a new place)
His soft cheek against mine.
His response to my voice when others are holding him.
How he loves me to sing him to sleep. He already calms down when we sing songs.
How tight he grips my finger. That was the first way I got to touch him as the nurse cleaned him off in the delivery room so I think that will always be a special feeling to me.
When he's hungry or just wants his paci, how he'll suck on my shoulder or neck until I can get what he wants in his mouth.
When I know/think he's hungry my test is to kiss close to his mouth and if he is hungry he will turn his head and try to suck on my lips. Precious kisses!

And my sweet boy is waking so that's all for now. I'm sure this will be a running list.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love this list. Time passes so quickly and they change so fast, so I'm glad you got a moment to write some things down. Treasures, for sure. :)