Bring Bennet Home

Monday, April 11, 2011

Copied Craft

I went to a Youth Ministry Wives Retreat a couple of weekends ago and we learned how to make these SUPER cute wreaths. So I decided to show you how to make one.



Here's what you'll need: scissors, felt, styrofoam wreath, pins, a sharpie or other felt tip pen and 1" wide ribbon (optional). I used ribbon instead of cutting felt strips because Michael's only had 13 8.5x11 pieces in turquoise. That was just enough to cover my entire wreath (I got the biggest one they had). I spent right at $20 and it's super cute!



First trace circles onto your felt. I used a bolt of ribbon and got 11-12 circles on each sheet of felt.



Cut out the circles.


Measure your ribbon around your wreath and then cut it into strips. Or if you use felt cut them landscape in one inch sections.





Wrap the ribbon around the styrofoam and pin all four corners of ribbon or felt to the wreath.



Fold your circles of felt into fourths.



Stick pin through the corner of your fourth of felt. Crowd them into the styrofoam so that no white or pins are showing. The great thing about working with felt is that it sticks to itself so it's easy to cover holes and pins. (Reminds me of the good old days in Sunday School)



Finished product. I really like it. It turned out less summery then I had expected but I still really like it. I'm definitely going to make another one in gray for the fall. I also may add a bow with extra ribbon late.
Hope you enjoy this! It was super easy and fun to do. I used to be pretty crafty, but I haven't done that in a while so it was fun.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

This is such a cute wreath!!! I knew you'd use turquoise ;) It's my new favorite color!!! :D I want everything in shades of teal! :D
I really like the black and white ribbon with it, too! It would look super cute with a bow in that ribbon hanging on the front as well!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Erin said...

Oh, I like it! I've seen some cute wreath projects floating around on blogs these days, and this just adds to the list! (Might have to copy...!)

Cory Lynne said...

I LOVE THIS!!! I need to make a few of these!