Bring Bennet Home

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Bennett - Two Month Letter

Dearest Bennett,
What a joy you are my little Lovie! You have added another rich layer of love to our family and you've taught us all a new role. You have the sweetest disposition and only seem to be bothered by being cold or hungry. Not much else gets a negative reaction from you.
You love to look at ceiling fans, Christmas lights and your brother. This month you are starting to smile and "talk" a little bit. I love your sweet little noises and happy grins that push your cubby cheeks up. You also love the bath tub, swing and bouncy seat. You really haven't found much you don't like yet, expect pooping. You can't figure it out and it makes you mad when it happens. Our doctor thinks you are pushing and squeezing at the same time which I can imagine is a very frustrating feeling. We all hope you'll figure this out soon.
You are growing lots and lots, but we don't go for your two month well check until Monday so I'm not sure exactly how much you've grown. I can tell you're getting longer as your 0-3 month onsies are getting shorter and shorter. You are wearing a size one diaper and all 0-3 month clothes still. You eat at 8, 11, 2, 5, 8 & 11 and usually 1-2 times during the night. We started from week one with the Babywise routine and it seems to suit you. You are like a little clock and wake to eat within 10 minutes of your scheduled times. This is revolutionary to me! I didn't have time to read books before Tucker was born so I just fed him when he acted hungry and had no schedule. This time around your schedule is freeing because I know what to expect and can plan accordingly. I highly recommend this method of feeding for new babies. You are sleeping 4-6 hours during the night which is AWESOME! Again Tucker's lack of schedule also contributed to him not sleeping through the night until he was two years old, instead of two months old.
You are just a happy guy. You can roll over from your belly to your back if you really want to, but you don't do it a lot. You are holding your head up really well and your legs are strong too. You can hold yourself up for a minute or so at a time. Your belly and cheeks are the only places on your body that are getting chunky. Your arms and legs are still skinny little things. You have long fingers, toes and feet. Maybe you will be the tall one of our boys.
This month you have seen LOTS of Christmas lights! Your big brother is fascinated by them so we've been to look at a bunch. You also survived all FIVE stops on your first Thanksgiving! This is our plight sweet boy, Christmas will be worse. We have lots of family and everyone loved meeting you and fussing over you.
Everywhere we go I hear how handsome you are and our whole church is crazy about you. You haven't been to nursery yet, but you've gone with mom to Sunday School and Youth and don't seem to mind. The kids instantly loved you and why shouldn't they?
Tucker has transitioned to his new role as your big brother like a champ. He loves you and doesn't think it's funny when people ask if they can take him home with them. So far Tucker has been very easy with you and loves to give you pats and kisses. Two months without being hit by a car or other flying object is pretty good at our house. Your record is better then both mine or your Daddy's in this area.
For me, becoming a Momma of two has been way easier then it was becoming a mom of one. I don't know if I feel more like I know what I'm doing or if I'm not so stressed about every little thing, but so far adding you to our family has been very pleasant. I'm sure it also has to do with the fact you are such a laid back fella. You also seem to be developing a momma preference pretty early. You smile nearly every time you see me and you calm down when you get into my arms. I'm not sad about that! I'll take those sweet cuddles for as long as I can get them!
We are so blessed to have you as our second son and fourth family member. You are in fact THE baby that was meant to be in our family. You are a joy to watch and love.
Love you more,
Momma
*I'll add pictures later. I can't get them to work for whatever reason.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Happy two months to Bennett! He sounds like a treasure! :)