Bring Bennet Home

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tucker's Third Birthday Party

I must admit that this year's birthday snuck up on me a little bit! Having two other kids really does mean you downsize somethings. Sorry Tuck! Partially because of this, but also because he is finally old enough to have friends we decided to start the kid parties. We had a family one with my family a week before Tucker's actual big day and then had three kids over to play for a couple hours. My mom's rule was we got to invite as many kids as we were years old and I think that's a great rule of thumb. It was a SUPER fun day! No stress. Lots of play time and a huge mess on our back porch! We did lots of jumping on Tucker's new trampoline and some sensory play (which lasted minutes until the kids mixed everything together. My OCD went a little crazy, but fun was had by all!)
We went with a CARS theme due to Tucker's request!

When asked what he wanted for his birthday, every time Tucker said, "Strawberry cake!" He's a man of simple taste.

Water beads were a HUGE hit!



Happy 3rd Birthday Tucker Gordon! 

2 comments:

indi said...

Dear Writer

I ave truly enjoyed your blog and i thank God that you share each step of everything that you feel. You have celebrates births and Birthdays and I bet when you look back, you see what a blessed mother you are. It is really not about whether you can have children or not, it is about how we take care of what God has blessed us with. You have done really well. I am a mother of 1 and I have my own struggles. It is not about the pretty tidy Kitchen, forget that, those who care to visit you will have to leave with the mess. take time for yourself, your husband and children and never allow yourself to feel guilty about not having cooked a real meal or that spotless kitchen and house. if the other mothers would be honest with you, they only cleaned up when visitors came by. You have such a lovely heart. do not let anyone and any thing rob that away from you, not even those "other mothers that seem to have everything in control". i tried that path and it got me so depressed.. it is never worth it. for now am living with the mess but enjoying my role as wife and mother. We are praying for you
Youonta

indi said...

Look at how much your own husband and children adore you.. you are so so important to them, to readers like me

You are a wonderful mum