Bring Bennet Home

Friday, May 15, 2009

Pre-Partum Depression

I've shared on my blog before that we've been trying to get pregnant for some time now. That time is two years. Two years ago this month was the first time we stopped birth control and I'll never forget how I thought it would work. I thought that first month would be the ticket to a baby. I'll also never forget how I felt when I started again after that first month free from birth control. We were in Nashville on vacation with some friends and I went in our room and cried for a minute or two with Chris holding me telling me these things take time. How little we realized the truth of that statement. Well with the time that this process is taking I've seen God's hand and I know He has a reason and a purpose for having us wait and I've built a wall that I just don't let myself go to the place that I believe I could be pregnant. It's too big of a disappointment when I'm not. This week, however, I let my guard down and have really let myself think about being pregnant and relishing in the possibilities. This isn't healthy and I know that, but sometimes you just can't help it. Now if/when I'm not, I know the hurt will be huge, something that I don't want to face...again. I told Chris tonight, "I'm just ready for this part to be over." And I really am. It seems like it will never happen for us and it has happened so easily for so many others. It's hard not to be frustrated and not to question. All day I've just been telling myself to Trust the Lord and lean not on my own understanding. But that's not hard sometimes.

5 comments:

Torie said...

It is sooooo hard & painful Mckenzie. I understand.

danielle said...

praying for you and your hubby!!!

Anonymous said...

Timing is the key and it will happen when you least expect it!! Brandy

Cassie Hays said...

i love you. and this is my comment.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, girl. I've had "pre-partum" depression for 4 years now. When we finally went to the fertility dr and got started on some medicine, my grandparents got killed in a car accident the day that we found out that our first round of fertility treatments didn't work. After several month of grieving, we decided to try again, only to find out that the hubby was getting deployed to Iraq for 14 months. I say all that to say this...God's timing is perfect. If we had gotten pregnant the first time we went to the dr, I would have had a baby while my hubby was gone. It seems like everyone around me is pregnant with their 2nd or third child right now which makes it super hard, but I know that God has a plan for our family. Hang in there, hon, I'll be praying for you guys. :) Sarah Milledge