Bring Bennet Home

Friday, April 2, 2010

FAITH

A certain amount of faith goes into most things in life. But with adoption you have to have an extra dose because of the amount of trust involved with both sides. We have to trust that our birth mom has been honest with information about her child and that she will do what she says she's going to do. And she has to believe that we will follow through with what we've said we'll do. And even though there haven't been any signs either way, it's still hard to believe a total stranger sometimes. Different days I feel different things and today I'm just a little nervous that something could go wrong. Not that I think it's going to, but just that doubt that creeps in sometimes is getting to me today. Which is interesting because today is Good Friday, a day of victory! My attitude needs to change from one of doubt to one of victory!
Yesterday I got to go to a doctor's appointment with our Birth Mom. I got to hear Tucker's heartbeat for about a minute and tried to let Chris hear it over the phone. Her doctor was really great and super sweet! He asked me several questions and was very excited to meet me and to finalize our birth plans. It was a great day! It was another big day. But then again everyday these days seems to be big. It was a wonderful sound that I could've listened to all day! I taped it but I'm not sure how to get it on here, I'll work on it!
I also got to meet some of our Birth Mom's family, which was a pleasure. They had several questions for me, naturally. But overall I think that meeting went well too.
But one of the most exciting things is that today I get to go back to the doctor with our Birth Mom for an ultrasound! I did not expect them to do another ultrasound this late in her pregnancy but they scheduled it yesterday. I can't wait to see our baby's face and feet and hands and everything else! I thought this would be something I didn't get to have with this baby but our Birth Mom is just so gracious to us. Chris has a golf tournament today so once again he won't get to be there, but I'll tape that too so maybe tomorrow there will be two videos!

1 comment:

Erin said...

How exciting! Enjoy your day!!