Bring Bennet Home

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Waiting, Painting, Showers & Stones

There is not any monumental news to report. We've just been working like crazy the last week to get all the little details in order for Tucker. Our birth mom has been having back contractions for several days now so it could really be any time. She thought she was going into labor Sunday night but turned out to be false labor. So we are just on call to head to Lawton at ANY moment.
Last week we painted the nursery and it turned out really cute! I can't wait for our bedding to come in and to put the final touches on the room. The paint came out a little darker then I wanted but when it was all sat and done it looks great. We did stripes on one wall with a monogram done by my sister's friend. I LOVE it! It just adds so much personality to the room. When we started looking a baby boy stuff I thought I wanted to go pretty traditional, but it turns out I don't so much love the pastel "baby" colors. Tucker will be able to grow into his room and the room has a great vibe to it. Chris and I have found ourselves just hanging out in there waiting on Tucker to make the room his own. It was a lot of work, but I think the end result was worth it.
Last weekend our church and our students had showers for us. On Saturday the whole church gave us so much stuff! It was really a cool day. Our families came and got to see the nursery and meet some of our church family. We are so blessed to be apart of FBC Sayre. We have been in some places that were not so great so we really appreciate having a church home and family. Finding that is different when you are on staff at a church. We are just blessed to have found that. Tucker has so many grandma's already and we're so glad he will be loved by so many! On Sunday night our youth threw us a shower. All by themselves! They had food, cake, drinks, games and gifts. They did an AMAZING job! I'd put our kids up against anyones. They are all so excited to be apart of Tuck's life and already love him so much. They got us TONS of diapers, wipes and other really practical things that are great. One of our 8th girls even MADE Tucker a blanket...I cried when I opened it. I mean just super sweet! So I think as far as "stuff" goes we're covered.
On Sunday morning about 5 a.m. I woke up having some major pain and I knew I was trying to pass my 3rd kidney stone. I waited a couple of hours until Chris's alarm went off and told him I thought we needed to go to the ER because my doctor had told me they weren't going to pass on their own. We went, got a shot and a script for pain meds and came home. I tried to rest until time for our shower that night. I went to the shower and shortly after we got home I started puking and we decided to go back to the ER. I was miserable to say the least. We got the call from our Birth Mom as I was laying on the gurney in the ER. When she called I just cried! I didn't want to be in the delivery room feeling like I was dying while our son was being born! So we waited and heard she wasn't in labor. We were super relieved. They admitted me to the hospital and we stayed until around lunch time yesterday. The diagnosis is that I have a good sized stone at the top of my uritor and until it moves they can't do anything because the procedure that I need isn't cover by our insurance and costs $25,000 so our only option is to wait. Now this wouldn't be great news at any time but when your baby is coming sometime in the next week it really presents a problem! I know there is a reason for all of this but it's hard to see. Please pray that this stone passes quickly and on its own! I'm in pain but my larger concern is having to deal with all of this after Tucker comes or when he comes.
I think that's pretty much it! I'll upload some nursery and shower pictures soon.

2 comments:

danielle said...

man, i will be praying for your health and that you pass the kidney stone quickly so you are all ready to go for sweet little tucker!!

Erin said...

Goodness, what a time to have kidney stones. Boo! Praying for all the details to work out for you.