Bring Bennet Home

Thursday, November 11, 2010

When was the Last Time You Left Home to Come Home

Saturday will be my first time ever attend a homecoming event and it feel like I am coming home. I've been to TONS of Homecoming celebrations: in high school watching friends get crowns and kisses and now I watch our students experience the same thing every year; in college I always attend Harvest Court and other Homecoming events; and I've been to "The Greatest College Homecoming in America" several times as well (at OSU.) But None of these places were MY home. They were either my home at the time or not ever. This weekend is my five year reunion at OBU and that was my home for four of the very happiest years of my life.
I'm excited to go home again. To see old friends and their families. To see how they have grown and changed since college and to show off my precious husband and baby. It's always fun to go back to OBU for Super Summer and reminisce with my husband and share college stories but this will be different because my friends have never been there as I've told the stories.
Tucker and I have been practicing Ka-Rip today and my sappy heart has been getting excited to go back.
Our Welcome Week theme is the title of this post and I remember move in day and not really understanding what it meant. But as I walked off campus four years later I cried because of how true that statement really was in my life.
I'm ready to leave home and come home...again!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Such a good and TRUE post about ol' OBU! Who all is coming? We missed the luncheon deadline, and I noticed you guys weren't on there either...what are you going to do instead? I guess I'm a little confused on what we'd be driving in for if we can't go to the luncheon? Russell is trying to get someone to cover for him for work Saturday, so we'll see. Let me know if you know who's coming and what is going on--the website is confusing!! Thanks, friend!

Erin said...

Okay, my first comment was deleted...weird! Anyway, loved this post! So true!

Do you know who all is coming and what we're supposed to be doing? We missed out signing up for the lunch, so what else is going on? Russell is trying to get someone to cover for him for Saturday at work, so we'll see. Let me know what you know, friend!

Leslie said...

I remember developing that theme slogan on steering committee! :) Hope your class has a better turnout than ours did!