Bring Bennet Home

Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's here!

The long awaited six months is over and we have been waiting patiently to hear from our lawyer about finalization. It's probably no big deal, nothing is going to go wrong, but it's the last step in Tucker's adoption process. His birth mom signed away her rights April 27th and his birth dad didn't show up to court in May so really there hasn't been any chance of bumps in the road since then, but this still feels a little unnerving. Maybe it feels this way just because court always sounds scary.
We found out Friday that we have a court date! This Wednesday, November 3rd will be Tucker's official Gotcha Day and he will forever and technically be a Gordon. This is so emotional for me to even think about. I mean he's been ours since his very first breath, well really before that, but to know that it's official and NO MATTER WHAT no one can ever fight that is just an awesome feeling that I didn't realize I was missing until this weekend. I remember thinking about this day when he was first born and it just felt so far away, like one of those days you know will happen but you just can't imagine it being here kinda things.
So say a little prayer for our family, our judge, and our lawyer that all will go smoothly and that it will be a beautiful day of celebration and yet another milestone in our sons life.
We will celebrate his Gotcha Day every year and remember the special blessing he is in our lives and to our family. (To all you adoptive mommas: Ideas and fun tradition suggestions are welcomed!)
I can't put this journey we've been on for the past year into words. It's appropriate that it would be this week because one year ago this week we started talking about adoption for the very first time. I can't imagine going down another road and I can't imagine a more perfect child for us.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Yay for Tucker's Gotcha Day! I've always heard about that traditions for families who have adopted children and think it is so special...and how fun to have two birthday-ish holidays if you're a kid!

Brad & Kami's Family said...

Praying for you guys. The Lord will continue to bless. I am so happy for y'all.

Erin said...

I had never heard of Gotcha Day--what a special celebration! So excited that you can put this day in the books. Keep us posted, Mama Mac!

Little S said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. I'll be praying for you guys tomorrow.

Cassie Hays said...

well i am crying, i know a very big shocker. he has been and will always be part of us, we love him and you and chris so much.

The Savage's said...

I'm so glad I know what that means now! I saw it on your facebook post and didn't want to sound like an idiot and ask what it was...:)
Congratulations!