Bring Bennet Home

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Finals Week

Remember when you biggest concern was cramming every last bit of information on ___________ subject into your head. We went without sleep, showering, really even putting clothes on just to feel confident when we walked into the classroom to regurgitate all we had studied. In honor of those days that now seem so trivial as I look back at them here is a list of some of my favorite finals week memories:
- All the late night breakfasts. I so looked forward to those every semester.
- My first finals week when Tristan and I stayed up all night "studying" for German. We had no idea that would be one of many nights we'd spend.
- Dance Party at the Georgia house with the Dief's, Leslie, Christina and Rachael trying to pass on our NM Tradition to the classes below us. I think we just scarred them for life. I don't think it caught on.
- Pancakes! Lots of pancakes and hours at IHOP.
- Inappropriate conversations with people because you were working on so little sleep and things you normally wouldn't say would just coming streaming out of your mouth.
- Every December finals week, we would watch Christmas Vacation on the steps of Raley Chapel under mounds of blankets.
- Jennie David-Sander's aluminum Christmas tree that became the best decoration for personal showers ever!
- Driving to Chickasha to see the lights.
- Staying up late watching a movie with Megan Guinn instead of studying for our psychology final our freshman year and literally running into class without even brushing our teeth because we over slept!Pretty sure I didn't do so well on that one.
I could go on and on remembering and reliving those fun filled days that seemed so stressful at the time.
God bless OBU and the friends, memories and lessons I gained there.

3 comments:

Erin said...

How far gone those days seem to be now! That aluminum tree served many a good purpose...including displaying my new panties and bras (including the golf ball bra "from" Jason Smith...gross!). Good times. ;) Thanks for the memories!

Kelly said...

ahhhh, such great memories!!! What fun times, and great people!

Leslie said...

Oh man, that was quite the dance party! Jonathan and I were just reminiscing over finals week the other day...always such a fun time at OBU!