Bring Bennet Home

Monday, December 20, 2010

Inpending Doom

In six days I have to leave my baby for ELEVEN days!!! Chris and I are going on a Mission Trip to Bangladesh with seven other people from our church. This has been planned since before we knew we were getting Tucker and before I had any idea how hard it would be to leave him. To date he has spent two nights away from me and neither of those were for a full 24 hours. I cry just thinking about walking away from him knowing I won't see him for a small eternity. Seriously it makes me a little sick to my stomach every time I think about it for more then a passing moment.
I keep trying to remind myself that one salvation is more important then those few days with my son that he won't remember, and deep down I believe that. But it's stinkin' hard! We will basically be doing a youth camp while we are in Bangladesh and I know it will be good once we get there.
My goal is just to get on the plane. Just get on the plane. That's what I have to keep telling myself. Just get on the plane...
Who knew leaving my baby would be so hard? He will be fine. He's staying with my mom and has stick instructions not to start walking, say Momma, stand alone or do any other new trick while I'm gone. I just feel like my heart is being ripped from my chest. And I don't leave for six more days! To complicate things a little more we are leaving Wednesday from our house and won't come back between leaving for Bangladesh and Christmas so I have to pack for all three of us for three weeks, all our Christmases (seven to be exact) food and presents, and mentally prepare myself at least a little so I don't make a total fool of myself at the airport. I've never dreaded Christmas like I am this week.
Please pray for me and our team as we go. It's going to be a rough week getting ready and ELEVEN rough days for me to be away from my Tuck.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ugh, I totally understand your feeling, although our longest time away was four days...and not in another country! Geez. Prayers for safety and focus while on your trip, friend.