Bring Bennet Home

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Vocab

I just wanted to make a list for my own sake to remember all that Tucker can say at 17 months old... Identify body parts: He knows where his _______ are.
eyes
mouth
nose
ears
toes
belly button
hair
knee
hands
wiener

 Animal Sounds: He knows what _________ says.
cow
snake
fish
bear/tiger/lion/dinosaur
whale
wolf
monkey
dog
duck

Words he says...
Momma
Dada
Thatcher (the dog)
EEE (for Emrie)
Granna
Nana
Mimi
Joe
wow
toes
nose
star
book
O-S-U Cow (he hasn't quite got the boys down at the end)
counts 1-5
go
bye-bye
hi
sippy
doy-doy-doy (were not sure what it means but he says it a LOT)
car

Songs he sings...
Twinkle, Twinkle
Mother Duck
Old McDonald
Patty Cake
If you're happy and ya know it
Itsy Bitsy Spider

He signs...
more
all done
bite

 I don't know if this really means he's as smart as we think he is, but we obviously think he's super advanced and great. He's just learning so much right now I wanted to make sure it was documented. I feel like there are more words, but I can't think of them right now. I literally feel like he learns something new every day, if not by the hour. He can say almost anything he wants to, but rarely repeats the new word. For instance, he said dinosaur once tonight in reference to his pajamas, but wouldn't say it again. I'm just loving this stage of exploration and learning. I am truly just in love with my sweet boy!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

He is definitely advanced! He is saying double of what Riggs is at this point! Smart boy!

Erin said...

Isn't it crazy how they just soak up so much info so quickly! He's a smartie! :)

Chassidy said...

sweet sweet boy!! Hope you're coming to Norman soon! I'm in need a lunch play date :)

Little S said...

He always seemed advanced in his motor skills, and now it looks like he is far above his peers in language skills. Good job, Tucker! Poor Anna, I was just thinking the other day how I have never worked with her on animal sounds. The second child certainly gets the shaft. Oh well, she'll catch on eventually, right? :)