Bring Bennet Home

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hear Ye, Hear Ye

    Some of you may know, some of you may not but it seems as though we've come to a place where an announcement seems fitting. We are adding to our family through adoption again this year! Right now, we are working on paperwork/home studies/background checks/fundraising and will officially go on the prospective parent list at Deaconess Pregnancy & Adoption (the same agency that brought us Tuck) in August after we return from our mission trip to Zambia, Africa.
    Days after Tucker was born I knew I wanted to adopt again. I wanted someone for Tucker to share his bond with and selfishly, I just wanted to experience it again. I thought we would pursue fertility treatments or at leasts the tests in between adoptions but when the time came (because, of course, I had it planned out) Chris and I neither one had a peace about it. I think at some point I would like to know the medical reason that we are unable to get pregnant so I don't suspect that maybe we are pregnant this month, or we don't unrealistically still hope. But for now I believe there are other reasons its not happening and we are both totally ok with that.  We believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that the babies that come to our family through adoption are meant to be OUR babies, no one else's. Our Father is bigger then dysfunctional ovaries, slow sperm & poor timing. He is allowing our babies to be conceived just not the old fashioned way.
    This time is different. This time we're taking our time. This time we're talking publicly about it before anything is official. This time we feel a little more prepared for what is to come. Last time the entire process from our first meeting at DPAS to baby coming home was less then four months. This time it will be almost twice that long before we're even going to be considered. We are excited to see how the Lord brings Baby 2 (that's what Tucker calls the baby) into our family and what providences He puts into place for his or her story to join ours.
   This part is hard. I'm no good at waiting. But we believe that I am supposed to go back to Africa and we're not comfortable being considered by Birth Parents until that trip is over because if we were placed with a baby before August I wouldn't go on the trip. All that being said, it's so hard for me to want to wait. I'm anxious for Baby 2. I liked the three week pregnancy. I thought it was a perk of not actually carrying the baby. But I am actively trusting that His timing is better then mine and it is no accident that this trip was planned long before our second adoption journey began.
   I wanted to share this news for several reasons, but the main one is so that you all can begin praying with us through this journey. For our Birth Mom, we're praying for wisdom, comfort, peace, guidance, support, and safety. For Baby 2, we asking for health, protection, future bonding and a peaceful pregnancy. It's so hard to trust that someone else can love your baby as much as you can, but with adoption you have to trust that the Birth Mom is doing just that. She may not take her vitamins everyday, make all of her doctors appointments, avoid second hand smoke or caffeine, but that's just another miracle of this journey. Also pray that funds are provided to bring our baby home. It is not cheap, but it is totally worth it. We are planning some different fundraising events as well as applying for numerous grants. Favor and blessing financially are a big part of this too. And lastly pray for our family of three as it grows to four. Many of you have or are making this transition as well. I hope it goes smoothly and is best for all of us.
   Here's to Baby 2!!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!

Little S said...

That's wonderful news! We'll be praying for you guys and baby 2!