Bring Bennet Home

Monday, April 16, 2012

Second Birthday Letter

Tucker William Gordon,
   Somehow you are two today! I really don't know how that is possible. It seems like yesterday you made your grand entrance into our family. It's safe to same life is better with you and I wouldn't want to imagine it without you now.
   You are so funny these days! You've totally figured out how to talk and can say anything you want to. You are a very talkative little fellow and you're learning the meanings/correct usages for phrases and words. It's amazing to us how fast you are learning! Everyday you do or say something new. Your newest funny phrase is, "I cannot believe it!" from the Little Einstein's.  It's pretty cute. You exclaim your disbelief over a lot of things throughout the day.
   You are still a big boy! You weigh 35.12 pounds and your 34 inches tall. You've grown two pounds and two inches since your 18 month check up. Our doctor thinks there is a high likelihood that you will have childhood asthma but he doesn't want to do any tests and things just yet. Every time you get any kind of sickness it always ends up in your chest as a lung infection. Your just getting over the most recent one and that's how I know your height and weight. We go in tomorrow for your two year check up. I'm excited to hear the percentages and your Dad is really hoping they'll tell us how tall you should be tomorrow. I think he's been waiting for this appointment since you were a few months old!
    You are still a pretty good eater. Your favorite foods include: mac & cheese, apples, strawberries, grapes, (really any fruit you like) noodles, rolls, goldfish, fruit snacks, turkey, pancakes, green beans and cereal. You don't love vegetables or meat. Sometimes you'll eat chicken or bacon but you refuse all beef. You are a milk drinking fool! You love that stuff. You also like juice and gatorade a lot.
    Your favorite activities are being outside, riding in your wagon, running fast, playing with cars, reading your books, singing and watching tv. Toys that you love are Hot Wheels, Buzz Lightyear, your trike, tent and anything else with wheels. You are ALL boy when it comes to how you play. Lately you've been making more sound affects and moving the toys correctly. I love watching your little imagination come to life. I hope you have a very active imagination that entertains you.  When we are outside you go directly to the nearest dirt pile and proceed to get filthy! You also love a good water puddle. It's rained a lot lately and you've loved the numerous dirty options when we go out.
    You love to watch the "TVV." Your favorite movies/tv shows are: Toy Story 1 & 2, Cars, Tarzan, Little Einstein's, Bubble Guppies, Chuggington and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We have to really pay close attention to how much we leave the television on because you would watch it all day if we let you.
   You sing lots of songs! Justin Bieber is still one of your favorites and you regularly request the playlist we made you on our computer. You also remind me throughout the day of different songs you want to sing. "I've got the joy, joy, joy" is one of your favorites right now as is "Deep and Wide."
    You LOVE people! Everywhere we go you say, "Hi. How are you? I'm good." all as one sentence. You especially love kids who are bigger then you. You never understand if they don't speak to you or want to play. Emrie is still your very favorite person and you ask about her about 100 times a day. But you also really like our neighbor Cade and our friends Turner and Lydia. You are very social and love to play and talk to anyone who will listen.
   You are definitely more of a little boy now then my baby. But I think you're good with that. You are Mr. Independent for the most part. Sometimes you still like the reassurance of my hand to hold, but you love to explore on your own. You are so brave, sometimes too brave! You love to climb and jump, which I think will eventually land us with broken bones but for now its such an accomplishment for you.
   You are so stinking smart! I know every parent thinks this, but you really are. Probably the smartest kid EVER! (Right Momma friends?) You know all of your letters by site and many of the sounds that go with the correct letter. You know most shapes, numbers, colors, animals & noises. You can count straight to 20 and usually add in several of the 20's out of order after that. You will be reading site words soon I think. We've been working on that a little bit. You follow two step commands when you want to and you recognize all kinds of objects. I'm so proud of how smart you're getting!
   Everyday I look at your sweet face and it serves as a constant reminder to me of God's grace and love for his children. I cannot imagine life without you and I'm so blessed to get to be your Momma. I love getting to play with you and watch you learn and discover. I am infinitely proud of you and I can't believe all that you have accomplished in the last year! Thanks for making me a Momma and showing me how to love someone so completely! You make me a better person and I love you to infinity and beyond!


Momma

2 comments:

Little S said...

I love reading your letters to Tucker! You make his personality come to life. He sounds like so much fun!! I'm always amazed at how big he is. And he's going to catch up to Kellen's reading skills soon. :) Tucker is so blessed to have you guys for parents!

Can we start discussing an arranged marriage between Tucker and Anna? ;) JK!

Erin said...

He looks so sweet in his birthday pics! You are a good Mama--great letter. :)