Bring Bennet Home

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Best of 2012


2012 was a pretty great year for our family! We made some great memories and accomplished some big goals. We also found out some pretty wonderful news about how our family would be growing. So here are some highlights!
I got to take a once in a lifetime trip with four of my five roommates from college to New York City! We had a blast together and made so many new memories! I can't believe we all turned 30 in the year since we were there! Love these girls and all they mean and have added to my life while at OBU and since.

Tucker turned two years old! 

Our big brother moved back in for another summer as youth intern and Tucker's personal playmate. We're so thankful for JK and the extension of our family that he is. 

I got to watch these three beautiful girls graduate from high school! We've walked together since they're freshman year and I'm just so proud of who they became while I had audience to watch!

I cut nine inches off of my hair and had five others who joined in growing their hair out for a whole year and donating their length to Locks of Love! So proud of these kids!!!

We made some great memories at the pool!

I got the pleasure of spending the weekend before Falls Creek setting up our cabin with these babies of mine. What a wonderful weekend it was! It was a honor to pray over them as for them as they took the lead in our cabin. We are so blessed by great students who love each other, their peers, us and best of all our babies!

We spent many hot days on The Fiesta! My sister and her husband bought a snazzy boat and we took full advantage spending days together on the water. 

Our park in Elk City has a train that runs all summer long every evening. Tucker LOVES it! We took a ride nearly every time we were in Elk. 

In September we officially gained another brother in law. Jared put a ring on my baby sister's finger and we all got to be there to celebrate!!! 
Chris and I celebrated our 6th anniversary and I tried on my wedding dress. It's a little lumpier then it was six years ago, but it still zips! 

We got to take a ride on Thomas the Train with DiDi. Tucker LOVED it!
We found out on August 10th that Bennett Harris Gordon would be joining our family in October. On October 13th we finally got to meet this little blessing and fell immediately in love with him!

We also got to introduce our boys to each other. 

Family of FOUR! For a few months at least! We also found out on September 10th that Tucker's birth mom, who is pregnant, wanted us to parent her baby as well. We can't wait to meet Casen Cole Gordon sometime around
February 6th, 2013!

We made our way back to Elk City park in one of our many stop to look at Christmas lights. Tucker also enjoyed riding the carousel and train while we were there.

Becoming a Momma of two has proven to be just as big of a blessing it was to become a Momma of one. Motherhood is the greatest calling, challenge and blessing of my life. I'm so grateful this is my life and these are my boys! We truly believe love makes a family and ours is overflowing with it!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Loved this. The roomie reunion, meeting your boy, seeing your sons together....so many blessings. :)