Bring Bennet Home

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tiny Brothers

I was worried about how Tucker would handle the transition from only child to big brother. I fretted he would feel mistreated or overlooked. I worried that I'd created a high maintenance creature that I could no longer maintain. I think I was more concerned about how Tuck would handle Bennett then I was about any other part of our adoption, even the Birth Mom backing out. 
I don't know why I worried so much because he has been so good! Beyond any hope I had. His personality is pretty aggressive usually but from day one he has been very easy with Bennett. He is also very concerned with where Ben is and if anyone jokes about taking him with them he freaks out! 
I can't wait to watch these tiny brother become friends as they grow up. I hope they will always turn to each other and that they will have a close bond. Both Chris and I are very close to our siblings and I want that so badly for my babies. 
 Parenthood is my favorite show on television! I cry every week. Sometimes more than once. The friendship that the siblings on that show have is what I hope my kids look like someday. Witty banter. Dependability. Encouragement. Friendship. Support without question or expectation of pay back. Just pure love for each other.
 These sweet boys are so precious to my heart! I can't wait to add a third to the mix in a few more weeks! I can't believe it's already time for our family to grow from four to five. It's gonna be a lot of crazy and a lot of love around our house!

Although I never imagined myself as a momma of all boys now that I have them, I wouldn't want it any other way. I love that they will be adventurous and loud and rough and I also love that they will always love their Momma. I have gotten the privilege to be their favorite for at least a small portion of their lives and I'll treasure these days always. Sweet brothers. I'm a lucky girl!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I thought of you specifically while watching the most recent episode and just bawled during the adoption scene. :). You are a fantastic Mommy to your boys. They are luckier than they know.