Bring Bennet Home

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Casen's 6 & 7 Months Letter

Casen Cole,
Man alive I don't way these letters are so difficult for me to keep up with. I think all the warm and mushy thoughts I did with Tucker, but writing them down seems much more difficult with #2 and #3. I really do love you and apologize for being behind.
You have done some really great things since I last blogged about you. You sit up with ease, you're pushing up on all fours in preparation for crawling (bless it!), you eat 2-3 jars of baby food a day and the biggest, greatest most fab accomplishment is you've almost stopped throwing up all the time!!! This is a HUGE deal! We accidentally changed your formula about a month ago and it has made the biggest difference in you. Not only do you not spit up as much, but you are in a much better mood. You will sit alone without direct interaction and let Momma do something else. You still prefer to be around all the action and your brothers, but the fact that you will sit alone is amazing. I feel so bad for keeping you on the other formula for so long because I really think that was the problem. I wish I'd tried earlier, but your doctor didn't think it would help so I didn't.
You are so smiley and lovey these days. You love to kiss and nuzzle into my neck. You climb up whoever is holding you with your super strong monkey-like toes making you hard to hold. You're super strong and just too cute for words. Now that you feel better your sweet personality shines a whole lot more often.
You are wearing size 6-12 months clothes and size three diapers. The only foods you don't really like are green beans and some of the veggie mixtures. But you really like to eat from a spoon and eat puffs. Your coordination is getting better every day as you put things in your mouth. You've also started drinking a little from a sippy cup everyday and you love that cup, but hate to hold it! You get super excited when you see me bringing it to you, but you would much rather someone hold it to your mouth for you to drink. You drink watered down juice much better then Bennett but he holds his cup.
July and August were busy months as usual. In July we went swimming, to the lake, Granna's and to Falls Creek. In August things have slowed down a little. We spent some time in Purcell and playing with friends, but have been closer to home for sure. We had your final post placement visit and are waiting to hear from our lawyer about your finalization date. We're so ready to have all the red tape over with for your adoption. Soon my baby boy!
You LOVE your big brothers and much prefer them to around for you to watch or play with. Your favorite toys are a bendable rabbit, a cement mixing truck that makes lots of noises and the wire and block maze toy. You also love the water... you liked swimming and love your baths. You flap your little arms to splash the entire time you're in the water. You also like to watch TV, particularly a Praise Baby-like DVD that makes noises and sings. We keep that one on in the van so you will ride in your new convertible car seat without screaming. Another fun development! You are also becoming quite the little chatter box. I love to hear you "talk" to your toys and to us. One of my favorite times you do this is when you're going to sleep and we're rocking I sing to you and you sing your sleepy songs with me for a while. You get really still and close your eyes and just sing away for a little while. Pretty sweet songs Case.
You are seven months old! I don't really know how we got here. Time has gone by in a blur this last year, but we are so thankful that you are the finishing piece to our trifecta of fellas. We love you so much and are over joyed to watch you grow and change. You are tough, strong willed and know what you want. But you are also so sweet and your face lights up with pure joy and excitement when you see me or your dad or when we kiss your neck. I can't imagine life without you and I'm so thankful for you. I knew you were meant to be ours long before it became official. Next week will mark one year since K asked us if we would add you to our tribe and I never had an easier time saying yes to someone. There wasn't even a question in my mind. We're so thankful for you and who you are in our family.

Love you more,
Momma

No comments: