Bring Bennet Home

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The List

The inevitable list. I have to make them. When big decisions arise I am compelled to write down the good and the bad so I can see the pros and cons in black and white. I often refer back to these lists and laugh at the things I saw as good or bad before making choices and for the things I  couldn't see beforehand. So here we go!

SOUTHEASTERN SEMINARY...

PRO'S:

  • Chris would gain confidence before pastoring/planting. He would be more educated and have a better base of knowledge to lead people as a pastor.
  • The community surrounding a place where everyone is on a level playing field because of a joint goal. Being able to be submerged in a like minded culture and making life long bonds because of the time we'd share in North Carolina.
  • Proving to myself that I can do it. 
  • Getting to make another house our own with creative touches. 
  • Chris and I would have to depend way more on just each other.
  • We'd be a hour and a half from the beach.
  • The boys would be 7 and 4 when we actually plant a church instead of 3 and 1. 

CON'S:
  • It's in North Carolina!
  • We'd be 20 hours away from any family!!! (I feel like this one needs lots of emphasis because this is the BIGGEST con of all!)
  • We know no one.
  • The boys would miss out being surrounded by family for 3-4 years.
  • Isolation of sorts.
  • If something bad happened in Oklahoma we'd be so far away we couldn't do anything to help or to get home quickly.
  • I wouldn't get to see my mom and sisters regularly.
  • Chris will be stretched thin to manage full time school, a job and our family. 
  • Chris would be my only real support system.
  • The next 3-4 years will be some of the toughest parenting-wise because of the boys ages. 

No comments: