Bring Bennet Home

Thursday, February 19, 2009

New things & D.I.Y

I love getting new decor for my house. It's hard for me to commit to big purchases, but once I do, it's because I've fallen in love with those items so completely. I received one such purchase in the mail from Pottery Barn yesterday. We got a new quilt. Chris told me in May, when we moved to Lubbock, that I could get a new one of MY choice. This was a big deal for several reasons. First, because our first fight EVER was over bedding and it was the hardest thing to choose when we got married. We couldn't find anything we both liked. It was forever trying to find something we could agree on. We finally did but I just settled on something. So the hunt began and almost 9 months later I committed. Anyways, all of that to say my new quilt came yesterday and I LOVE IT!!!  
Another hobby, I guess you could say, is painting and re-painting various rooms. It's the cheapest way to make the biggest affect on your home. $30 for a totally new look and feel and that's for the good paint. I'm not at all afraid of color and it's evident in our house. We chose this smokey blue-ish purple to go with our new quilt. So hopefully we'll get the DIY done this weekend and I'll post pictures of our new bedroom next week. 

2 comments:

The Savage's said...

I can't wait to see the new quilt!

Pleasant Living said...

Glad you got a blog. Can't wait to see pics! It's been a long time... Looks like you're doing well, though.