Bring Bennet Home

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Encouragement

This week has been on encouraging thing after another in all different areas of my life.
Last Friday my editor at the newspaper I work for handed me a story that she wanted to be the lead for this week's edition of the Sayre Record. I was excited about also really intimidated, not because this is a super huge deal, but more because she was trusting me with this and I wanted to do a good job. Well the paper came out yesterday and several people have complimented me on the story today. One man even made a special trip to our office to tell how much he appreciated it. There's a certain blessing when others notice your hard work. I don't think the story being good has too much to do with me, the content was what was fantastic. In a nut shell a first grader saved her home because she asked her mom about the batteries in their smoke detechors last fall and then last week they went off in the middle of the night warning the family to get out. Very easy to write a story when you get to hear about a sweet little girl who paid attention when the firemen came to school!
Another huge encouragement has been: Chris and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost two years. We have recently started having doctors appointments to see what is impeading our progrss. People, especially, at our new church have been so faithful to pray for us and to tell they are. It's overwhelming to have people who haven't known you very long to so earnestly lift you up as you face something that's as big as becoming parents. It's been a struggle to say the least, but we know God's timing is perfect, not my planning. I have to remind myself of that often.
We have lived in Sayre for just over 4 months. We got here as basketball season began and we went to almost every game this season. It was a frustrating thing to me sometimes because I didn't see any fruit. The kids didn't seem to notice we were there and despite a few awkward "good games" we seemed to go nearly unnoticed. Last week basketball season ended. And Sunday one of the girls who used to go to our church, but doesn't anymore decided to stop by our house. And a relationship is developing rapidly. It's so refreshing that because she saw us at her games, she felt like she could see what she thought of us. She also came over last night for dinner, unexpectidly and brought another girl who is in the same boat as she is. It's wonderful and I'm so excited. All those nights in a gym weren't unnoiticed!
Also under that same banner...I don't think I've ever been a part of a church I love as much as this one. The vision, leadership, and heartbeat all line up with my passions. The road we took here was so crazy, but I never expected what awaited us at FBC Sayre. It's so refreshing to be apart of a family and to go and not feel like it was just another duty of my week as the "Youth Ministers Wife."
Lastly, I'm encouraged by my husband. He tries so hard to help out and this week he's been great to make an effort. I'm so blessed to have someone love me as much as he does and to put up with all my crazy. He has been so great and tried so hard to understand why not getting pregant is hard for me. He's so supportive and wants to carry all of my burdens for me. I'm a lucky girl to have married so well. He's definately a keeper.
This weekend we're going to our churches couples retreat. We've never to anything like this, but I'm looking forward to it. (This isn't typical of my feelings on non-youth church outings) I guess if nothing else we get to stay in a nice hotel and get to know others in our church.

2 comments:

Shan said...

McKenzie... I didn't know you had been trying to get pregnant. I will definitely be praying for you and your husband. You would be the best mama in the world!!!

Cassie Hays said...

i will agree with the last comment. i know life is not always what we want but God dose have time in his hands, we just have to let Him be Him. i know that i want a baby for you more than anyone, b/c i know that you love Emrie with the deepest love you know, but wait till that day you hold your own in your hands, there is siply nothing like it. i look forward to seeing you with a whole new look on life. God becomes even more b/c you grasp what Jesus was and did. i love you and know that God is going to give you just what we want.