Bring Bennet Home

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Seasons

I run a paper route every Tuesday afternoon. I go through several rural towns surrounding Sayre and it's usually very boring. There's not much to look at and since it's winter everything is dead, but slowly things are turning green. I love it! I love to watch the progression of nature. It started with green wheat pastures here and there. Now the trees are starting to bud and turn green and even some of the grass is beginning to turn a yellow-ish green color. I love it when the weather starts getting warm and everywhere you look things are turning colors.
Because of a visual reminder of seasons changing, I'm reminded of how there is a time for everything. Our family has recently received several rounds of bad medical news and today as I drove through the short grass lands of Western Oklahoma, I was reminded that for everything there is a time and a season. All the bad news that seems to be coming from every direction has a purpose and a lesson. This too has it's purpose and God's hand is in it. Even though it's hard to understand, winter is necessary, rough times are necessary. Even though things aren't always easy and aren't always how we'd have them to be, the trials in our lives have a purpose.
I needed the reminder after a couple of weeks of rough news. Bring on SPRING and focus on the beauty of the world around us. For everything there is a time and a season. A purpose. A desired end result.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mckenzie, I am praying for you & Chris.

Erin said...

Said a prayer for you and your family after reading this.

mckenziegordon said...

you are such a wonderful writer. i love you and life is going to be bright soon, i just know it. maybe God's waiting so we can be pregnant together.

mckenziegordon said...

that was cass, sorry.