Bring Bennet Home

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Song related memories

Monday I went to Purcell to spend the day with my mom because it was her 50th Birthday. While I was at her house I found a whole bunch of old cd's, some of which I mixed in high school and college. As I got on the road to make the nearly 3 hour drive back to Sayre I popped them in and was taken back to fun days and memories with so many different people. I want to post some of them that people who read this blog will hopefully appreciate them as well...Hope these make some of you smile!
ZOMBIE - Kinsey Henson Charles. Driving down the road singing this as loud as possible and laughing all the way. I think we were in your white bug.
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS - Leslie Horn, now Poe and Christina Porter Chartney. Sophomore year. First semester finals week. 2 am. I was sleeping and was woken up by them singing this song, dancing, tensil and little else. So fun!
MEET VIRGINIA - Becca Harris. Reasons related to Mondays...
DISNEY MUSIC, SPECIFICALLY FROM THE LITTLE MERMAID - Taylor 2nd West girls, Monday nights, good times!
DOES HE LOVE YOU/HOOKED ON A FEELIN'/ PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN- Cassie Raquel. So many wonderful songs I could list as memories with my little sisters. Many a fun time!
AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH - Mackenzie Martin. If we sung this song once, we sung it a million times!
SNAPS -Tristan Tyler Shutt. I don't know the real name of this song, but it's wonderful memories none the less. We are kindred spirits who are equally sentimental and I love him!
MAYBERRY - Luke Whorton. It's the song that made him like country music. Lots of great memories with him from college.

3 comments:

Brandy Harris said...

Hey thanks for the post. It's been a while since we last seen you guys too. How was all the snow you got? Kids were really upset that the weather man was so wrong!! Thanks about my dad. I know it's going to be a long road ahead for him, but it could be worse! I wish I could have had a better relationship with him. But so much has happened. I've forgivin him, just can't forget it all. My main focus these days are my kiddos and Zack I'm happier than ever. How all is well with you. Songs are a great way to remember the past!!

Kinsey said...

That IS an excellent memory! I can't hear it without thinking of you either!

Cassie Hays said...

oh you know i think about you every time i hear a song, b/c i call you. i loved reading this one.