Bring Bennet Home

Monday, October 4, 2010

A Change is Coming

For a while I've felt like I needed to get a job. Not because Chris has said as much, but because with the speed of our adoption and the immediate need for a bigger car we depleted our savings account and are in the red that I despise so much! So I had began praying that an opportunity would present itself for me to be able to still be a Momma all the time, but would also allow for a little extra income.
About ten days ago a friend from church approached me about the Sayre Chamber of Commerce Director Position. I immediately said no thanks because it was more full-time then I wanted and I didn't think I could have Tucker at work. But she encouraged me to apply, Chris and I talked it over and I decided to throw my hat in the ring - really without knowing for sure if I wanted the job or not.
Well I interviewed last Thursday and I just knew as soon as I left that they were going to offer me the job. And sure enough, Friday afternoon I got a call and I took the job. It's one of those situations where I didn't feel like there was good or bad decision, but it did seem like God's provision.
The job fits my skill set and personality well, I can have Tucker at the office with me all the time, they will be flexible with church stuff, and it's only 9-3 everyday. I will have a lot of creative control and the job is mainly event planning, which is my very favorite thing to do. There's very little downside.
It's good. But it's scary. It's a job I will be invested in. My heart will be involved in a way that it hasn't in my past several positions. But I think that will be a positive. We're going to try it. I also think it will be good for all three of us to be on a more consistent schedule. It's also hard for me to think about losing my free time and easy schedule. I kinda like not having to get ready everyday and I LOVE my sweats.
But all of that is about to change - I start a week from today!

5 comments:

Erin said...

You'll do great, Mac! That's awesome that you can bring your little man with you to work. He can be your assistant. ;)

Chassidy said...

Congrats~ It sounds perfect! God knew exactly what you needed!! Hope your sweet family is doing well

Kinsey said...

That's awesome McKenzie! Kacey worked at the Moore Chamber of Commerce and she really liked it alot. I can't believe you can have Tucker with you! That is so perfect.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! 9-3 & getting to bring Tucker! Sounds pretty ideal! -Abby

The Savage's said...

Wow! That's awesome! I wish I could find a dental office that would let me bring my kids in! ha!