Bring Bennet Home

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Transitions & Training

I started my new job a week ago Monday. Things are going well and I think I'm going to like it, but it has demanded a lot of changes and adjustments in the Gordon house.
We have ALL started getting up at 7:30 and Chris has done a FABULOUS job of taking care of Tucker in the mornings and getting him ready so I can get ready. He has made me going back to work a breeze and I couldn't ask any more of my sweet hubby. I wasn't sure how we would all make this transition but so far, so good. It's the sweetest thing to watch the man you love fall deeper in love with the baby you adore. They make quite the pair and both get so excited to see each other. I really married the very best guy for me! I'm daily reminded of reasons I love him and count my blessings that he is mine.
Due to me having a schedule, this week we have started trying to get Tucker to sleep thru the night. He's done this on and off since he was very small, but it has recently become more of a necessity. Sunday night he slept all night by himself. Monday night we were all up for almost three hours trying to let him cry it out. He won Monday night! I finally caved and gave him a bottle as we rocked back to sleep. Tuesday night was a little better. I felt more prepared for what we were getting into and he only fussed for an hour and a half. But I think he's getting the hang of it. Last night he woke up three times about 30 minutes apart and fussed for a few minutes, but soothed himself back to sleep. I didn't get up and Chris didn't wake up! Hopefully this is the light at the end of the sleepy tunnel. But we're heading to my Mom's tonight for the weekend, so we'll see. She's not one to let him cry... It's been a rough week with little sleep for all three of us. On top of this Tucker has been super fussy and this morning woke up with a snotty nose. I think he might be cutting a tooth. It's either that or he's just worn out from the amount of tears he's had to shed this week.
It's funny how hard routines can be to establish. I function best in that environment, but struggle to get those things going sometimes. The hard work is paying off and in the long run we will all be better off.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Oh girl, we are right there with you! Just had our first night of letting Riggs cry and he woke up with the puffiest eyes and has taken the longest naps today...bless his heart! But I know it will all be worth it in the end.