Bring Bennet Home

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas Crawl 2011

We have a LOT of Christmases every year. Because both sets of our parents are divorced we always have a record number of holiday gatherings to attend. This year we started on Christmas Eve Eve with two, one on Christmas Eve, two on Christmas Day, one the day after Christmas and then we finished up on New Years Eve. I didn't take pictures at all of these Christmases because my sister did and I don't have those pictures yet. But here are a few of the highlights.
This is Christmas Morning. Papa Bill (my grandpa) helped Tucker go through his stocking from my mom. He just woke up for real and wasn't quite sure what was going on or what he was supposed to do. But they look so cute together! My whole life my grandparents have been at our house for Christmas morning. They are two of the most precious people I know and I'm so blessed to have them!

We started a new tradition this year and left all the wrapping paper in the floor for the kids to play in. This was the highlight of Tucker's entire Christmas this year. He LOVED it! 

We all went to church as a family at my home church. This is the best I could get of both kids after church on the stage at Union Hill in Purcell.

Here's the whole family at church. This was the first time in a LONG time we've all been to church together. It was a special day, especially for my Nana Lue.

That night we headed to Chris's Mom's house. Tucker is the only grandchild on that side so he was the star of the show. Di Di lives in Yukon so after dinner and gifts we went to look at the lights there. They are so good! Tucker LOVED them and kept say "Wow" over and over. 

The next day we head to Bristow to Tucker's Great Great Grandma's house. Grandma Smith is 99 years old and still living at home. It's always a sweet time to see her. She isn't doing to good this year, but apologized several times for not having a strawberry pie made for me. Unbelievable!

I also realized before Christmas I didn't have hardly any pictures of Tucker with his Uncle Delton so I tried really hard to get a good shot of them together. It wasn't very successful, as most photo ops are these days. But I caught this one of both of them laughing and I love it! His uncle loves him so much and they had a good time wrestling and playing in the floor together.

All those Christmases are hard on a boy! He was so tired he actually slept in his car seat. This is a SUPER rare event in our lives. 
Hope every one else's Christmas was filled with as much love and family as our was!

No comments: