Bring Bennet Home

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Steamboat Springs Ski Trip

I've got to play blog catch up because Tucker and I were gone for almost three solid weeks, including Christmas. It was a whirlwind and we're still paying for it with our sleep schedule, but it was all for good reasons.
This year for Christmas my family decided to take a ski trip. Tucker and I went for two weeks and Chris came up for the second week. It was a fun trip, but wasn't without "Bumps" in the road. We left Friday night and the rest of the group stopped in Sayre to pick up Tuck and I. We made it about one hour west when my sisters super-lush conversion van broke down. We spent the rest of the night (until 5 am) trying to get back to our house. The transmission went out so began a days worth of options for alternate plans/transportation. Saturday night about 8 o'clock we left Sayre again and made it all the way in a borrowed Expedition. Thank goodness for good friends!
This trip was also special because it's the first one that both my mom and dad have been on together in 17 years. My baby sister doesn't ever remember them taking a vacation together and so it was extra special. This is such a blessing for a kid with divorced parents to get to experience again. I know not everyone's parents can still get along well enough to spend a week together. It was great for ALL of us to be together. I really loved watching my Dad play with Tucker and Emrie. Special times for sure. 
Tucker wasn't super crazy about the snow. When he was so bundled up he couldn't walk well and definitely couldn't get up when he fell down or tripped. But he still looked pretty cute. He did love snowballs and would've been content for me to make snowballs for him to throw all day. 

Emrie gave skiing a try this year and she did really well. She loved it and wanted to go everyday. Her parents used a harness to help steer her and though she's not always the most graceful of gals she did so good! With her starting at four years old she should be really good by the time she's an adult. It was fun and funny to watch her and her parents navigate this new experience. 

Chris decided not to ski this year and that made his vacation much more relaxing! Every time we've been since we've been married he got hurt. So he watched Tucker while I skied and just hung out. Skiing isn't really his idea of a great vacation, but he's so sweet to let me go and enjoy. We also have a deal that I'll quit skiing if he quits golf and so far we're both still getting to do our activity. 

Here's the whole group. So lucky to have such a great family and that we all WANT to spend two weeks together. Thankful my parents can put aside their own comfort for their children and grandchildrens benefit. Grateful that my sisters are my best friends and we love spending time together. And so blessed to have a precious baby and niece that play so sweet together. Great memories were made for sure. 

No comments: