Bring Bennet Home

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Potty Training

So we started the fated journey of potty training yesterday. Tucker has been showing signs he might be ready to try it lately and he's getting too big for size 6 diapers. I didn't want to use pull ups regularly because I've heard its harder to potty train after that and they're stinking expensive. So we decided to commit to consistency for five days. We didn't have any plans this week so we're giving it a try.
The last two days we've been to the potty every 15-20 minutes. We have a kitchen timer that gets re-set every time we leave the bathroom. It's a good reminder for both of us. But it's a lot harder then I imagined just to sit in the bathroom for most of the day. In fact my booty is sore from sitting on hard plastic most of the day.
I don't know if he's figuring out what's happening or not, but he does say "oh no!" every time he pees in his super cute big boy undies. I mean despite cleaning up his accidents I've smiled most of the day to see his rolly legs and ghetto booty in actual underwear. Love it! We shall see. Three more days at least. If he doesn't get it then we'll take a break and try again in a month or two.

2 comments:

Chassidy said...

Good luck girlfriend!! Turner has caught on and no accidents in several days! So don't stress if he doesn't get the hang of it just yet :) I was mortified that Turner was 3 but it was so easy to do bc he was totally ready! Had so much fun playing last week! Adore you and your family

Little S said...

Oh my!!! That is the cutest picture!! You need to post a picture of T in his undies. :) I'm glad you're still smiling. Good luck!