Bring Bennet Home

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Random Facts


  • Attempt #1 at potty training was NOT a success! After five full days of no diapers, except for sleeping, we decided he's just not getting it. Tucker is still young and we just wanted to try. He did use the bathroom several times and is holding it longer so he did learn something. We'll try again in a month or two.
  • Tonight and tomorrow we are hosting the missionaries I lived with in Zambia, Africa during college. I haven't seen them since I left Mazabuka in 2004. I'm so excited to see them and to lead a trip of students and adults from our church back to Zambia in July.
  • My college roommates and I are having a reunion in February in... NEW YORK CITY!!! I'm so excited. No kids. No husbands. Just us girls and the big city! I can't wait to spend nearly a week with these girls and explore a city I've always wanted to go to. 
  • Tucker is talking up a storm! He says almost anything and means what he says. It's so fun/funny to hear him. I just don't think it gets much cuter.
  • Tuck is also not sleeping again. He slept with us for the three weeks we were gone for the holidays and is not liking sleeping alone. This is making for long nights again and super sleepy parents. No good for Tucker or his parents!
  • On a much more serious note, We lost our first student this week. One of our senior girls died in her sleep Wednesday night. We are walking through this first in our ministry with caution and sad hearts. I don't really have words for this yet. It has been amazing to watch our community and our church respond to this family's needs. It's also made me so proud to watch how my sweet husband has handled this tragedy and loved on so many people. I'm lucky to have him!

2 comments:

Little S said...

Praying for you guys!

Erin said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. How heartbreaking. Prayers for you and the family.