Bring Bennet Home

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Waiting...

Long before I became a mother I thought I wanted my kids to be two years apart. In my (emphasis on the my part throughout this little tale) I also thought I'd carry these first two babies and when the first one was about 18 months old we'd start trying and get pregnant again a few months later. So when the whole pregnancy thing didn't work out I adapted my perfect plan to begin fertility treatments when Tucker was 18 months old, if they hadn't worked by his second birthday we would stop and adopt again. Last October would've been the time to make the appointments and begin the fertility process. When the time came I just couldn't do it. My sister was doing it and I felt like I should want to, but I just didn't. Before I knew it we were ringing in the New Year and I began to formulate another derivative to my plan. We would just skip the fertility and go straight back to our wonderful adoption agency. (shameless plug just in case... www.deaconessadoption.org) But as I began thinking that through I realized we had planned an overseas mission trip to Zambia in July and I was afraid. Afraid I'd have a new baby and have to leave two. Afraid that we wouldn't have been placed yet and then somehow miss it because we were in Africa. So we decided to wait till August. We'd have everything ready to go and as soon as we got home from Zambia we'd go on the waiting list. Well, we did have everything ready but since we didn't go to Africa we officially began waiting for our sweet second baby on July 26th. We didn't have to wait with Tucker. We barely had things ready and we were placed. We didn't even realize DPAS was showing our profile yet when we got the call that Tucker was coming. And so we enter unchartered ground. I'm learning a new meaning to waiting with anticipation and praying with expectation. It's SUPER exciting to know any day we could be matched with another incredible woman who thinks we are a great fit for her baby. 
So please join with us in asking Our Father to bring the perfect baby to us and prepare our hearts for the sweet addition to our family. Also ask special blessings for the woman who is carrying our child. Pray for safety, health, peace, wisdom and grace as she travels through unthinkably difficult waters.  

1 comment:

Little S said...

Sorry to hear about your canceled trip...but super excited that you are on the waiting list to adopt!!! Praying for God's perfect plan for your sweet family!