Bring Bennet Home

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

2 1/2 Years Old Letter

To my First Born, Tucker -
I'm ever aware these days that our bond is about to change. I'm soaking you in every day with as much patience and reverence for this time that will soon be past. I'm so thankful I've had a full 30 months of time with just the two of us. You bring your Daddy and I more joy then I could ever communicate.
You are so smart and so vocal! You talk non-stop and say the funniest things. This week your deal is saying, "Mom - did you see that _______? That was the biggest ________ I've ever seen in my whole life!" I don't know where this came from, but I think its hilarious. You have also recently been concerned with who is a boy and who is a girl and whether they are big or little or a baby. You've established you are a "wittle boy" and always correct people if they say you are a "big boy." You recognize all your letters and some of their sounds. You can count to 20 and recognize your numbers through 12. When I ask you what letter or number you see you always say "letter __ or number __" never just what you see. Cute boy. Another new accomplishment is you know your whole name is, "Tutter Billam Dordon." At least that's how your pronounce Tucker William Gordon. Love it! You are on the go constantly and love to shake your booty, fly like a superhero and jump off of anything that you can climb on top of. All are extremely cute, I might add. You are always full of smiles and bring countless ones to our faces.
You still love cars, trains, planes, and anything else you can come up with that has wheels. You want all of your toys to have names and you remember them better then I do. I think this came about from the characters you have from Cars the movie. You love television. Your favorites are Little Einstein's, Super Readers and Word World. Your favorite movies are The Lorax, Toy Stories (all three) and Cars. You also still love to read and your like Daddy to read you your "Train Book" and Momma to read "A Momma for Chaco" to you. Your favorite people still include Mom, Dad, Granna and Emrie. You like everyone, but one of those usually wins out. You also have your favorite "Big Kids" and ask for Rachel and Hunter Hines by name regularly. They LOVE this! Your kinda rotten when it comes to your Big Kids.
You love to eat! Grilled cheese, fruit and pasta is probably still your favorite. But lately you have added a little chicken or bacon which is a big deal because all meat is low on your list of favorites. You are a good eater, but you take your sweet time getting your meal eaten.
You have gotten a lot taller since your two year check up, but we haven't been to the doctor so I really don't know exactly how much you've grown. For the first time in your life we had to buy bigger pants because your size 2T's were too short, not too tight. You are wearing a good mix of 2T's and 3T's it just depends on where the clothes are from. Your foot is still extra wide and we just bought you size 8 shoes for this fall. You're a growing boy, that's for sure!
Your biggest and latest accomplishment is potty training. You are about 90% there!!! One day without my coaxing you woke up from your nap and asked to wear undies so I let you, but told you if you did you HAD to pee pee in the pottty. I thought your undies would last about 30 minutes and we'd head back to put a diaper on, but much to my shock and joy you peed in the potty. You're doing REALLY good! You've only had a couple accidents in the last two weeks, but I still don't feel totally confident. You are staying dry all night and through your naps. You have just amazed us and taught us that you would do it when you got ready, just like everyone told us. So true and so much better then then the three times I pushed you so hard for four days at a time. Sorry! Mom fail! It was hard for me to watch you not immediately pick something up. With most everything else you learned so quickly. But you wearing undies is a HUGE blessing because we won't have three babies in diapers in a few months. Thank you and please don't revert back when the babies do come. Thanks so much!
Our family has some BIG NEWS! We are expecting your first baby brother to make his grand entrance any day. His due date is only 10 days away so he could come at anytime. I know it will be a huge transition for all of us, but I'm so excited to give you a lifelong friend! I think you're going to be a great big brother! And then in February you will be a big brother again. We don't know yet if you'll have two little brothers or a little brother and a sister, but we are so excited to see how God is growing our family. Your Birth Mom is pregnant again and wants your half sibling to be apart of our family. We are so honored by her decision and are excited for you to have siblings.
Also Aunt Chelsie will be getting married in June and you get to be the Ring Bearer. I'm sure your super excited about it! Haha. We went to Stillwater September 1st for the big proposal and you loved on your Auntie during the exciting day.
We love you so much and you are so special to us. I can't imagine my life without you! You are so sweet and tender. So pleasing and handsome. God knew exactly what He was doing when He blessed us with you, Tucker William Gordon. Thanks for making us a family and me a Momma! Get ready for some crazy days ahead as we all transition from three to four to five in just a few months.

I love you more,

Momma

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was beautiful! You made me cry!

I am praying for you as you go through a BIG trasition in the days ahead!!