Bring Bennet Home

Friday, May 18, 2012

Bennie

In college at OBU I got to live with some really fun girls, five of them in fact. There was plenty of drama and nonsense, but also lots of fun. Dance parties, crafting projects and more then our fair share of chick flicks. One of those sweet friends was Jennie David Sanders. (She is my only friend I still have a hard time not calling by her maiden name. I don't know why that is.) 
Anyway, Chris decided that he needed a little vacation before summer begins and we didn't really have time for a big one so we went to our favorite mini-vacation destination...Tulsa.
Jennie and her family live in Broken Arrow so we planned to spend some time with them. The weather was beautiful so we took our three babies to the zoo. Jennie's kids are three and 10 months so Tucker fits perfectly in the middle of the Sanders Babies. 
The boys LOVE each other! They had a ball checking out lots of animals and laughing at each other. 

Sweet baby Charis was a doll all day! She was along for the ride and enjoyed watching the boys. She's so laid back and easy going.




We spent a long time at the little park area at the zoo. The boys played and played forever and were still sad to leave. Lots of adventures with these two.

When we hang out I always end up with cute pictures of the kids, but always leave us out! Here's my Bennie. She is precious to my heart and our day together was wonderful. We chatted the WHOLE time about life, memories, roommates, kids and a million other things. I love that I have a foundation with her and we don't have to get to know each other. I feel like a lot of my friendships right now are in a get to know you phase, which is ok. But it was so refreshing to not have to ask get to know you questions but to talk on a deeper level. Really blessed by this girl who lived down the hall from me in the basement of WMU. I knew when we moved in to OBU in 2001 she was fun and I liked her, but know 11 years later I also realize what a blessing she truly is. 


We ended the day with a train ride and Tuck is still talking about it! It was a great day with some of our favorite friends. I so wish we lived closer!!! But I do love that we both make effort to spend time with each other. These three are planning another voyage to Sayre at the end of June. Can't wait!

No comments: