Bring Bennet Home

Sunday, July 14, 2013

First Stitches... well kinda

Our lazy Sunday afternoon became pretty exciting pretty quickly. Chris was getting ready to head back to church for deacon's meeting around 4 o'clock. Tucker woke up during this process, so Chris had both babies in our room while he was getting dressed while I cuddled with our sleepy big boy.
I heard Bennett playing with the mirror in our room. It's leaned up against the wall and I thought to myself that we needed to move it to a more secure place. Chris walked the two steps across the hall to tell me he was about to leave and we heard a crash. Bennett had pulled the mirror over on he and Casen in the 30 seconds Chris had his back turned.
Chris ran back into our room and yelled for me. I could tell there was panic in his voice so I rushed in. He was holding Casen and trying to wipe blood off his forehead. I grabbed him from Chris and quickly decided the gash on his forehead was for sure worth a trip to the ER for stitches. We quickly put clothes on the boys and I and rushed out the door. On the way to the hospital we called some friends who could watch Bennett and Tucker. Chris dropped Casen and I off and came back to deposit the other boys. He then rejoined us at the ER. The small ER is one of the benefits of living in a tiny town: you know the nurses, its quick and there's no judgement! (I was a little worried just because of Casen's age that the hospital staff would make a big deal out of a tiny accident.)


They quickly cleaned up our baby boy and were able to use glue to close the gash on his forehead instead of stiches. He didn't even cry! He just laid super still and let the doctor work on him. He's a pretty tough guy!

We are all home and fine now. It ending up being a pretty stressful afternoon, but we're thankful Casen is ok. It could've been so much worse! My great grandma always said little things happen so big things won't so we will be watching our little tribe much more closely and not taking chances. It really only takes a few seconds!

No comments: